An entry visa enables the bearer to stay in Turkey for the duration stated on the visa sticker. However, if the person intends or is obliged to stay in Turkey longer than the permitted duration, this extension is subject to the approval of the Ministry of Interior. In this case, the person has to obtain a residence permit.
Applications for residence permits should be made to the Alien’s Branch of Local Police Departments (Emniyet Mudurlugu Yabancilar Subesi) within 30 days upon arrival at Turkey. Applicants are generally required to submit work permit, work visa, education visa or research visa and a letter describing his/her circumstances (i.e. employment, education, marriage to a Turkish citizen).
Once the person is granted with the residence permit, he/she can enter into Turkey multiple times as long as his/her residence permit is valid and thus he/she does not need a visa for entry into Turkey. If the extension of the residence permit is required, the extension or renewal should be made timely before the expiry date. The person is recommended to have the validity of the residence permit extended before leaving Turkey, if the validity of residence permit is to expire or has already expired.
We, the TranslatorTurkish.com team, can help you with
- Tourist visa, employment visa and resident permit application to Turkey
- Document translation from Turkish to English and English to Turkish
- Approvals (also known as document legalization process) by a California Notary Public, Los Angeles County Clerk, California Secretary of State, and/or Turkish Consulate, Los Angeles
- Interpreter services for your power of attorney appointments at the Turkish Consulate
- Preparing your legal documents and coordinating your project with your Turkish lawyer
Contact us for further information:
+1(310)210-4443 or cs@TranslatorTurkish.com